Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Baby's trip & Anniversary Dinner.

Well. The title says it all!

Firstly, Ben and myself had so much to catch up on, we talked, we laughed, we giggled. It was just like old times, where I have him to myself at the end of a long day; snuggling up and falling asleep in his arms.

I secretly find that the best bit of marriage life - you get to kiss that face of the man you loved with all your heart goodnight, and then wakes up next to him. *getting all mushy*

Anyway! Ben was on a mission to find some pieces of basic clothing and planning on putting together a few looks/outfits, so we went to the usual JJ market, some night markets and because we both couldn't really take the heat...we played cheat and shop in the malls instead. *sheepish smile*

Moving on!

It was our 1st year anniversary last Sunday, and because we were apart...Ben decided to book us a belated dinner at one of the restaurant offering Bangkok's view of the city night lights for a special celebration.

He got us a table at Red Sky; apparently one of the world's best bar high up at Centara Grand, Bangkok.




 We took a cab from our place down to the Centara World and reached exactly at our reservation timing - 7.30pm. It wasn't easy to get to the place, partially because when we reached the lobby of the Centara Grand, there was absolutely no body at all, so we didn't know exactly how to get to the restaurant.

If I didn't remember wrongly, we had a to do a lift transfer at Floor 23, in order to get to the 57th floor.




This, was the 'arc' decor outside on the balcony. It changes colour every few minutes to blue, green, etc. There was a band playing on the platform in front of the arc. We didn't managed to take the views of the night sky because just minutes into settling down, and another 5 minutes taken to order our drinks, we felt waves after waves of strong wind.

Ben saw lightening far away in the sky, but near enough for us to be alarmed.

The staff was very seasoned to signs of the wind, I supposed...as they started to move us all in doors with settings set as per our orders even before we were in there. One of the wait staff casually mentioned that the rain will be reaching our location in mere minutes.

True enough, it started pouring like no body's business minutes later. Thank goodness we were already safe and dry indoors.




Just a solo shot of us both! I bought a new playsuit just for this occasion and Ben got a new top to 'match' me! Costs me 800baht, 60baht cheaper because the sales lady likes me enough to give me discount. =)

Look at Ben, beaming with joy because we're having dinner together after so long!




I ordered a passion fruit martini and Ben had a Fruity Sangria. He doesn't really drink, so he's ordering for the sake of ordering. Most of the time, I'll always be the one to finish up. HAHA! We had a bread basket served, and after 10-15 minutes, our first course was served up.




This, my friend, is the Lobster Risotto - half maine lobster with risotto and bisque, tomato and basil.

Beautiful starter; the risotto was cooked till al dente, and there was chunks of lobster meat. It was heavenly. It was my turn to get beaming with joy. Each mouthful was a solid good mix of the frothy bisque, tender lobster chunks and tasty morsels of risotto. Yummy!




Next, we shared a plate of half a dozen of Tsarskaya Oysters. Nothing as fabulous as the ones I had back at Phin's Steakhouse back home, but it was nonetheless satisfying.




Then, we ordered the Char grilled Rack of lamb and Wagyu MS4 Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras, because I loved Foie Gras.

The rack of lamb is came with Jerusalem artichokes, shiitake mushrooms and perigold truffle sauce, it was a generous portion, and the lamb was tender. We had it with jelly mint sauce, and it was refreshing.




Then, the beef came with potato croquette, sauteed cep mushrooms in red wine sauce. And, with foie gras of course! Wagyu tenderloin; whatever expectations one can have of waygu standards, this lives up to it. The foie gras was nice, but nothing to rave about.

The Osia at Resort World Sentosa still serves one of the best foie gras around. =P

We also ordered sides like truffle flavoured mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus with pesto to share. The mashed potato was so creamy and delicious, it was like melting clouds in your mouth with every spoonful. The asparagus was a little too salty to our liking. No photos because, we were too busy enjoying the food and each other's company!




There's always, always room for desserts, people! We had the banana split to share. I like the caramelized bananas, which is a interesting touch to the old time favourite dessert.




Ta dah! A photo of the 'newlyweds' haha! Lame, we're married for a year now...and that means we've been together for a grand total of 5 years and counting! I'm so blessed, very, extremely blessed to have met Ben.

In life, sometimes, one can get lost...doing routine works, just going through life and not knowing what's really in store in life for themselves. I was working, I was aimless, I was just letting life pass me by. Till I allowed Ben to show me another side of the world I've never really experienced before. He showed me that happiness is within reach and he makes me a better person. A much, much better person.

I always thanked my lucky stars that by fate, I picked up that call, I talked to him and we became friends after that.




"I love you, more than these three words could ever mean" - Ben.

Ben got me a surprise gift from Taiwan! A YSL Belle Du Jour zip wallet; because I said I would like to change my current Kate Spade Wallet. I'm always pampered in the ways I love being pampered. Some people fancy holidays as being pampered, some fancies jewellery, I like branded bags and cuddles and kisses.

But before every branded purchase, I do tons of research, on the material, the reviews, the look, the feel of each and every piece. I love every single piece I have so far, like how men reviews their digital gadgets before purchasing one from this particular brand. Likewise, this YSL wallet wasn't something that was on my list, but I am extremely touched by Ben's gesture; he hardly surprises me, so this really takes the cake (besides the proposal) heehee!



My first year of marriage, meant to me, a lot of adjustments.

I adjusted in being part of baby's family, breaking down my time into different segments; for my mum, my dad, my brothers, my in laws, my friends and of course, for Ben. Somehow, I had more free time to meet friends and all, because no matter how late our gatherings may end, I get to go back to Ben. I think his friends probably felt the same way, he gets a lot of time on his hands to play basketball with friends and really enjoy the company. 

Not that we didn't have time for friends in the past, but it was like we made a choice to spend every time we have together, instead of hanging out till extremely late with friends.

I also spend alot of time with my family members to assure them that we are a big family now, and I'm not going to be 'stolen' by Ben. Also, we spent time with my new family, my mummy J and daddy Teh, with their friends for dinner. I love spending time with everyone who meant the world to me. I also spent a lot of time baking. (Of course, how can I miss this!)

Marriage strengthen my relationship with Ben, because it sort of cemented the fact that we are now a family; to our future kids...we are their mum and dad, a family unit. It's amazing, really, to come and think about that. 

I do have friends who's astonished by the fact that I jumped into marriage at a age where life just began, and how sure I am that Ben is the right one for me - I just know. There's only two types of guy in this world - Ben, and the rest of the other guys.

That's where I knew that I'm ready.

P.S

So, cheers to many, many more wonderful years of marriage, baby.
I'm extremely blessed and excited and happy that we're together, married and happy!
I love you to the stars and moons and back.

Your wifey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment