Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2013

A letter to my Marshall.

*Warning: Contents ahead is extremely mushy. Read at your own caution.*

"Hey baby!".

That's how we've been calling each other since the day we started dating. There's never once that we don't answer our calls to each other in that high pitch, cheery tone, calling out "Hey baby!".

We've been teased, one too many times by friends - but hey, that's just how we are, isn't it?

In the eyes of our close friends, we are "Marshall & Lily" - I couldn't agree more! 

I remembered dragging you out for a meal to celebrate your birthday for you on this day, 7 years ago, because I didn't want to see you all alone, doing nothing special on your birthday. You were alone, with no close friends to help celebrate for you, like how I've my clique.

I saw it as a way of helping you out, doing something special for you, because I didn't want to see you unhappy.

7 years on, I know that I never ever want to see you unhappy.

You once told me that your ex girlfriend hated your "cry-face" look. She only get that look from you, because she didn't know how to make you happy. It's a shame she didn't get to see how charming that smile is on your face, the way your eyes light up with mischief when you have a confession to make regarding that new PS3 game you've bought.

Or that happy, chuckle you make when something is humorous and tickles your funny bone.

I'm lucky I get to see, hear, and feel all that about you. I must have done something really good in my past life to have you.

You are a beautiful man, with a beautiful soul and the most beautiful heart. 

Everyday is a honeymoon period for the both of us, because we don't take each other for granted. I'm glad we're on the same page for this one. And on the same page for the names of our future children, and on the same page for the outlook plan for our house (but we'll get to that part later, I'm not sure of that gaming room)...

Baby, nothing makes me more prouder than seeing you shine in your own element. Seeing you work through late nights and sleeping for little than 5 hours at times, makes my heart ache. However, seeing that you enjoy your work, the satisfaction you get from the knowledge that you're working hard for our future, and knowing that you enjoy what you do...that's enough for me agree, and for me to give you my full support in things that you want to do.

I love you with all my heart, I love everything about you. I even love the way you jerk in your sleep sometimes, half awake and murmur "yes baby?", kiss my forehead and fall back asleep...snoring.

As if I was the one who was jerking and needed your attention. *smirks*

All the little things about you, I love.

So baby, don't change. Stay the way you are, maybe slightly more hunkier with more abs *ahhem*, but just stay the way you are, basking and growing in happiness, in what life has to offer, in what we have in store for our future.

I wish for you to be happy, always. I pray, in fact, for you to always be happy, smiling...healthy. For you to find satisfaction in the things you do, rewards in the decisions you make.

I trust each and every day that all I do, all that I have to offer, is enough for you.




Love,
Your "Lilypad".

No comments:

Post a Comment