Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Afternoon Tea - After You Desserts Cafe

It was a Public Holiday yesterday, and I took advantage of a nice sunny afternoon to seek comfort at Central Plaza, which is near to the Phahon Yothin MRT Station.

My sis & myself made plans the night before to visit and try out the desserts at After You Desserts Cafe.


There was a huge crowd; and it's not entirely because it's a PH, but because this is apparently very, very popular among the Thais now. The interior is pretty cosy, a little like Starbucks. There is a host giving out queue numbers, and when it's your number, you get directed to your seats and they will serve you the cutleries & maple syrup on a wooden tray.

You'll have to order & pay at the counter, and desserts get served within 20 minutes.

They are famous for their sweet thick toasts, like the ones we get at Xing Wang Cafe, and they also serves quite a number of other desserts like lava cake, pudding, custard, crumbles etc.

Sis and myself had a light lunch so that we can have more during afternoon tea. 


Strawberry frappe for my sis, Dark chocolate frappe for me. The strawberry frappe is smooth and sourish. I didn't like the Dark Chocolate frappe because it wasn't blended properly, there were lumps of ice in it, and the taste was just too diluted.

Sis ordered the Chocolate Choux, which is their latest promotion offering for sharing.


It was really good! Crispy, filled with chocolate & vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce & sprinkled with chocolate flakes, it's like an ice cream sandwich exploding into a chocolate mess with each bite.

The servers will do the finishing in front of you, so you can watch the sauce flow down.


This was a good old fashioned Lava cake, very beautifully done. I guess sis was happy with her choice! She liked the fact that the accompanying ice cream wasn't too milky or too sweet. It was just the right amount of sweetness in it, that it stands out on its own even after you've had a sweet chocolate cake.

I initially ordered the Banana Crumble, but they keyed in the wrong order, and I got the Strawberry Crumble instead.


I missed the Banana/ Apple Crumble back in Singapore, but this was good too. The strawberries was slightly sourish after being baked, but it compliments the sweet taste coming from the crumble and the ice cream - a perfect, warm combination, I would say!

Overall, it seemed like a nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee and share one or two desserts with friends. I would love to be back again soon to try the other desserts. It's worth the roughly 20 minutes wait.

=)

I'm currently enjoying my breakfast consisting of Honey stars with milk, and blasting the soundtracks from The Great Gatsby on my Mac. School starts in the late afternoon today and I'm looking forward to it! I have an early morning Practical Class tomorrow and I can't wait to be baking again and sharing more with you guys on the Moelleux Chocolate we'll be baking!

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment