Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Asiatique & Ferry Wheel

Hello!

I've been marathon-blogging and this is the very last of the three. Please scroll down for the other 2 posts!

So, as I've been saying; I had a great weekend! This time, I joined my friends as we headed to Asiatique, a warehouse place which has been turned into a really nice night market place. Think of JJ Market, but at night, spacious and slightly more chic.

Initially, we traveled down to Lat Phrao to visit the night market over there, but upon reaching there, we were told by kind strangers that it was closed.

Then, someone came up with an impromptu plan to head down to Asiatique and perhaps watch a ladyboy performance and take a look around a.k.a shopping! It was my first trip to that place, we took the MRT till Silom and transferred to the BTS train and alighted at the Saphan Taksin station.

From there, we took a river boat down to our destination. There's a complimentary shuttle ferry service, but due to the long queue, we paid 20baht to hitch a ride on the express ferry instead.




I'm not crazy over night views, but this view reminds me of the River cruise along the Clark Quay area back hom, don't you think so? City lights, ferry lights, flash lights reflected onto the surface of the Chao Praya River. 




Meet from left to right - Shanna, a friend from Philipines but has been studying in Singapore for the past few years (She's been Singaporeanized already! HAHA! We speak singlish to each other, occasionally!), then there's Framm, from China, she is currently taking up Thai language classes, and it's working for her!

And Mew, a half Thai & Chinese from Hong Kong, she's very sweet and humourous (As you can see from her expression! HAHA!) And there's Sonya at the far right, who has a very beautiful smile! =D




Group shot! There's Akhrie - my classmate, and Sapna, Sonya's friend and the rest of us! Once again, I wished I can express how grateful I am, to be able to meet these few wonderful souls at this point of my life. Without them, I'm probably all holed up in my apartment washing clothes and watching re runs of Rambo, while eating take away dinners and lunch.

But then again, I'm exaggerating. I've always been a people-people kind of person. I love to listen to people talk, and I love to make them laugh whenever I can. I'm so glad they liked me enough to hang out with me. *Kisses and hugs!!* =)




The place was really beautiful at night, the lights lit up like fireworks, casting purple, green, yellow and neon colored shadows all around the buildings. It really feels like the Clark Quay nightlife back home, minus the rowdy, handful of show offs ladies and gentlemen in their high heels and cigarettes.

Most of the people there, were, well...tourists like ourselves. HAHA! 




 There were many restaurants out there, beautiful fanciful restaurants, but we wasn't craving for any of those cuisines, henced settled for some good old Thai food stall. 

We settled at a little shop along the streets for dinner, had a less than satisfying meal of grilled pork neck, meatballs and squids skewers, papaya salad, grilled chicken, sticky rice and other meat dishes.




And then, after dinner, we went for a ride on the ferris wheel instead of catching the lady boy show because it was too pricey (1500 baht). The ride was only 250baht for 15 minutes, at a medium speed, and we got to see the whole night view, while seated by the edge. The air con was on full blast and I think it was really so much better than Singapore Flyer. =)




A shot of all of us because it's always commendatory to, you know, take pictures of the view? HAHA! 



This is the view from the top. As you can see, the whole place comprises of a few warehouses converted into shopping sections. There's home and decor, hip and stylish, pets section and so on and so forth.

I didn't get to buy anything because I wasn't in a shopping mood. =)



After a couple of hours, we all decided to call it a night. The group was divided into minor groups sharing cabs. Sonya, Akhrie and myself shared a cab back home because we are living in the same apartment block (AWESOME!) and then it started pouring really heavily that night. I wished I was all cuddled up next to Ben, but I wasn't.

Oh well...a few more days till he's here!

That's all I have to share for now, till then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment